free website stats program dyna 4 way flashers | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna 4 way flashers

While we are on the subject of flashers.... I just changed handlebars on my '92 Dyna. I had the wires running inside the old bars. I decided that was way too much trouble to do again, so I went back to external. Anyhow,, I got it all back together and everything electrical works, but I noticed my front signals alternate when in 4 way flash mode. I'm pretty sure they used to be in sync. The rear signals flash together. Did I get the 2 wires on one front signal reversed?

While we are on the subject of flashers.... I just changed handlebars on my '92 Dyna. I had the wires running inside the old bars. I decided that was way too much trouble to do again, so I went back to external. Anyhow,, I got it all back together and everything electrical works, but I noticed my front signals alternate when in 4 way flash mode. I'm pretty sure they used to be in sync. The rear signals flash together. Did I get the 2 wires on one front signal reversed?

I have seen this happen before but on boat trailers and it was always a bad ground connection. Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

I have seen this happen before but on boat trailers and it was always a bad ground connection. Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

I think you nailed it. I just went to the garage and checked it again, and they are all in sync. After reading your post, I think when I ops checked the wiring, I didn't have the ground wire from the risers attached to the top tree. :D

Don't know about the dyna, but on the flst the ignition has to be on for them to work. Found this out when I ran out of gas. On the other hand, I feel more like a Harley rider now that I have had to push it a distance.

Don't know about the dyna, but on the flst the ignition has to be on for them to work. Found this out when I ran out of gas. On the other hand, I feel more like a Harley rider now that I have had to push it a distance.

Is there not a reserve on the flst?

Back