dyna 4 way flashers

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by ironheadtodd, Mar 19, 2011.

1. ironheadtodd

ironheadtodd New Member

how do i activate the 4 way flasher

2. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

Push both signal button at the same time, cancel with one or the other

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Also found in your owners manual, if you dont have one I would get one try E bay:s

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

While we are on the subject of flashers.... I just changed handlebars on my '92 Dyna. I had the wires running inside the old bars. I decided that was way too much trouble to do again, so I went back to external. Anyhow,, I got it all back together and everything electrical works, but I noticed my front signals alternate when in 4 way flash mode. I'm pretty sure they used to be in sync. The rear signals flash together. Did I get the 2 wires on one front signal reversed?

5. ultra...good

ultra...good Banned

I have seen this happen before but on boat trailers and it was always a bad ground connection. Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I think you nailed it. I just went to the garage and checked it again, and they are all in sync. After reading your post, I think when I ops checked the wiring, I didn't have the ground wire from the risers attached to the top tree. :D

7. FLST

FLST Active Member

Don't know about the dyna, but on the flst the ignition has to be on for them to work. Found this out when I ran out of gas. On the other hand, I feel more like a Harley rider now that I have had to push it a distance.

8. BMoreFXDX

BMoreFXDX Member

Is there not a reserve on the flst?

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

Fuel injected bikes don't have a reserve, only carbed models.

10. BMoreFXDX

BMoreFXDX Member

Seems like a step backwards to me but I guess it probably has to do with the fuel pump in the tank.