free website stats program Dyna 2nd gear kickback | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna 2nd gear kickback

BoneMarrow

I've noticed this behaviour that borderlines being a problem...
Every now and then when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear the lever will slap me in the top of the foot with some force. It's not as strong to have it corrected, but also that never happens for any of the other gears.
Is this a natural idiosyncrasy of the 6-speed gearbox?
I ride a '09 Dyna Super Glide.

Has someone observed any kind of 'feedback' from the gearbox like that?

Regards

BM

You did not say if after you feel the slap, if you let the clutch out, is the bike in neutral. My '09 FXDL would do that maybe 1 out of 50 shifts (1st to 2nd only) until the bike had a good 3 to 4K miles on it. You would shift from 1st to 2nd, feel the slap, let out the clutch and you would be in neutral. After I passed the 3-4K mile marker & changed the oil a couple of times, it has no longer happened. Why it did it, I don't have a clue.

I've noticed this behaviour that borderlines being a problem...
Every now and then when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear the lever will slap me in the top of the foot with some force. It's not as strong to have it corrected, but also that never happens for any of the other gears.
Is this a natural idiosyncrasy of the 6-speed gearbox?
I ride a '09 Dyna Super Glide.

Has someone observed any kind of 'feedback' from the gearbox like that?

Regards

BM

I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT : ALWAYS HOLD THE SHIFT LEVER IN THE FULL SHIFTED POSITION(tightly) TO MAKE SURE THE GEAR IS FULLY SHIFTED OR IT MAY POP BACK TO NEUTRAL...

I have found on MOST of my bikes(09 included but not enough to adjust it out) that the NEXT gear not always is perfect on the shift..... but HOLDING shifter FULLY will help.... I can FEEL slight pulling FULLY into gear..

YOURS,,,,PROBABLY NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED IN THE TRANNY.. Sounds like it could use a little MORE adjustment (longer) on the through INTO second gear....

HOW does it shift DOWN?

signed....BUBBIE

I'd get that repaired. My six speed is smooth up and down. I don't even have the 5th gear whine. It has always been very good. I use Golden Spectro 6 speed oil, but it was fine before with syn 3 too.

Last edited:
Back