free website stats program Dying to go for a ride! | Harley Davidson Forums

Dying to go for a ride!

droach3

Picked up my first Harley yesterday and rode 7 miles home (wife was waiting for me and wanted to see it)

Go home right at dark.

Went out just to listen to her run when I got home from work today.

Planned on going for a 1hr cruise in the morning but darn rear signal light was loose (guy I bought it from has a new one he just hadn't put it on yet). Twisted it a couple times to tighten it up and the darn thing fell off leaving nothing but wires.

There goes my morning ride. Trying to find out how early I can go pick up the light and the rest of the goodies I couldn't haul home on the bike with me yesterday!

Just got a message that our schedules wont match until Sunday. Time to go figure out how to make that signal light work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, yeah (EDIT) having a sick bike in the garage on these fall riding days.

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

TQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Light is completely stripped is the problem. Wires were twisted all up from him constantly quick "fixing" the problem and caused them to break.

Spliced in some new wires (temp for tomorrows ride I will replace them to the harness when I replace the signal) Slapped on some JB weld in the stripped joint (how well does JB hold up to the vibration of the V-twin). We will see how it sets up for a short ride in the AM. Worst case scenario is it doesn't set and I wait one more day for that ride.

wow just use hand signals and ride turn signals are not required on a motorcycle but hand signals work arm straight out means left turn arm at 90 degree up means right turn arm down straight means stopping or slowing now ride man ride

Yeah. If ya wanna ride. Ride. So long as it does not damage your bike. Brake light works? Right? Use hand signals. Ride the heck out of it.

Back