free website stats program Dunlop with or without Harley Logo/Name | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop with or without Harley Logo/Name

zyepod

Just got through posting a reply on the thread dealing with what tire you run and got to wondering. I know this may sound a little dumb but here goes... Wonder if the Dunlop that comes on a new Harley (has the Harley name on it) is made different or better than the ones without the logo/Harley name. For some reason it seems I heard the #1 tires were sent to the Auto Co. while the rest of the #1's and #2's were sent to stores... Could be wrong... What you think?

Have you compared prices on the two? I'd be curious too!

Read and write down all the numbers on the non-Harley tires...in particular the Load Range #...internal plies makeup details and such. Then compare to the "standard" off the shelf general purpose offering ones you are looking at. The devil is in the details, so post them up and we can provide comp information. Likely the H-D ones are rated higher regarding maximum load range or # of internal plies in the belts or side walls. :s

Last edited:
I have not verified it for myself, but a good friend just bought the non-HD branded supposed equivalents, because the price difference was pretty significant. He later came to me and told me it was a mistake. What he said was the at apparently the sidwals are not as thick or stiff, or some such, and the ride is just not as firm and stable feeling as the HD ones. YMMV

Enjoy,
Rich P

Down in Az., Sierra Vista, Honda shop, around the corner from the HD shop. Flocks of HD owners would go there and buy the Dunlop tires.. I would save about 150$ front and rear . Careful when you order, You have to get the Full information Numbers and the rubber compound IF you want the same as HD's tire Without the HD LOGO..

I have gotten 444 ?/441 rubber compound, dunlops without HD logo. for my sport R. Worked okay but Not as long lasting as the Hard rubber on the Harley Dunlops.. But YES worth the savings.

Liked saving money and the honda shop did good tire work and had a lot of following.. I also bought Avons there and the $$ savings was substantial..

HONDA is a good place to shop.... Labor rates were quite a bit Less than HD in that metric store...

signed....BUBBIE

After my experience with the HD-Dunlop 408's that came on the 09 RG, I won't be buying anything that says Dunlop on it anywhere.....

After my experience with the HD-Dunlop 408's that came on the 09 RG, I won't be buying anything that says Dunlop on it anywhere.....

Now I want to hear the problem (again please), as others want to hear..

Mine (09 FLHR) are still good with close to 20,ooo on them.. Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

I haven't done any comparing but I think that's a good idea... Think I'll start doing some homework.
I went ahead and bought me another Dunlop today... Paid 151.00... I bought it at a local independent shop here... Harley wanted 199.00. They would knock off 15% if they do the mounting. Oh and my tire had the Harley Logo... I didn't know I was getting the Logo'ed tire.
Seems when I was pricing from Harley it was about a 15 or 20 dollar difference in the price between the Logo and non-logo'ed price...

Back