free website stats program Dunlop or Metzler? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop or Metzler?

Well I read them all and I think I will buy a dunlop for the front and a metzler for the rear:laugh Can you guys add a pole to this thread??

Stuck with Dunlops, easy to find and hold the road good:s

Well I read them all and I think I will buy a dunlop for the front and a metzler for the rear:laugh Can you guys add a pole to this thread??

You may not be happy with 2 different tires?????

i have the mmetzler 880"s and will not ever run any thing else night and day from the stock dunlops they are a lot softer and have a difrent profile than the dunlops. i guess if you only go in a straight line buy the dunlops but if you want to be able to carve your bike through the twistys you need a softer tire

I think the Dunlop tyres are fine when it is warm and dry and do give a long tread life in cooler wetter conditions i would prefer Avon or Metzler as i have mainly cold and wet here i changing all my bikes to Avon as and when the tyres need replacing

Brian

I'm with Brian. I've got 12,000 miles on the original Dunlops (1 year old, 2010 SG) . They look like they could go another 12K but I'm not happy with the way they grip in the wet/cold/twisties now.

I've gotten over 15K on Metzler 880s on a 250lb lighter bike and the Metzlers gripped better, more consistently throughout their life.

I'll replace the Dunlops with Metzlers before fall and the temps start dropping again. I much more concerned with grip than I am with mileage.

Back