free website stats program Dunlop or Metzeler | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop or Metzeler

impeter23

Need to replace the Avon tires on my Road King soon. Any recommends that offer better mileage? I found a good deal on Dunlop and Metzeler at 4WO-Motorcycle Accessories but don’t know yet what to choose. Just curious about the best tires for general riding. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

I really liked the Avons (and will probably put them on again sometime) but went back to Dunlops last change for the same reason. Check out the Michelins also, a lot of people have good feedback on them.

Michelin Commanders feel like they really hug the road.Website brags of twice the comparable mileage.

I have ran all brands over the years and have to say the commanders by Michelin are a very good tire I got 7000 more miles on the rear over Dunlop

I run the Avon's too. Yes, you get less mileage but it is a softer TYRE. Grip vs. wear its a tradeoff we all have to decide on.

I also have avon tyres fitted to my softail and sportster and they do seem to grip better in the wet than the Dunlop tyres on both bikes
Locking both wheels on heavy breaking is a heart stopping moment good grip is more important to me than long mileage

Brian

I also have avon tyres fitted to my softail and sportster and they do seem to grip better in the wet than the Dunlop tyres on both bikes
Locking both wheels on heavy breaking is a heart stopping moment good grip is more important to me than long mileage

Brian

Indeed!

Back