free website stats program Dunlop D407 Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop D407 Replacement

glyd-n

I have about 13k mi on my rear tire and probably another 1k left before having to replace it. This has been an excellent tire, (and a bit pricey, $250) but the only place I've been able to locate them is the dealer. Has anyone seen, heard of, or found any suitable replacements on the aftermarket, or should I just bite the bullet and get one from the dealer. All info is appreciated.:newsmile07:

nothing yet that i have heard of as of yet some people have asked me and i cant find anything

I have about 13k mi on my rear tire and probably another 1k left before having to replace it. This has been an excellent tire, (and a bit pricey, $250) but the only place I've been able to locate them is the dealer. Has anyone seen, heard of, or found any suitable replacements on the aftermarket, or should I just bite the bullet and get one from the dealer. All info is appreciated.:newsmile07:

I bit the bullet and replaced mine with a new one from the dealer. Good tread design for wet or dry roads. :)

metzler is soon to release a set compatible w/ harley abs. that is a 180/65-16 rear and a 130/80-17 front. you should follow these guys and go w/ the dunlop until you need both.

P/N 43332-09 $221.95 16" D407 180/65B16 Slim White Stripe in my 2009 Catalog so I would say expensive, probably because it is a "new" size and somewhat rare than standard fare.

You could also shop for an HD dealer who is more willing to cut a deal or having a weekend special. Take a look in the Self Help section as to how tire removal is done and see if there is a bit of wiggle room to add mod(s) you were planning on to do so now anyway.

Back