free website stats program Dunlop D401 v D404 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop D401 v D404

Dswartz

I am going to replace the rear tire on my bike and was planning on putting on Dunlop 401 Harley Davidson series. I called cycle gear and they had a D404 in stock in my size. The two tires look the same except the 404 doesn't say Harley on it. Are these both the same tires? Anybody know anything about the 404's? I can live without having the harley logo on the tires and am much more concerned with quality.

I think that you will find that the 404 will wear quickly. My buddy changed a 402 over to a 404 and was dissapointed in the wear.
Ken

I think that you will find that the 404 will wear quickly. My buddy changed a 402 over to a 404 and was dissapointed in the wear.
Ken

How much wear are we talking about? If I can get 10,000 out of the rear I'm happy. The tires seem affordable and it's only going to cost about $150 mounted and out the door so I don't mind replacing often as long as the quality is there.

I think that he might be lucky to get 6000 miles as compared to 14000 miles on the 402
Ken

I think that he might be lucky to get 6000 miles as compared to 14000 miles on the 402
Ken

Wow that's quite a difference. However, I believe the 402 is a touring tire that's meant for touring bikes. I ride a superglide and don't believe they even make a 402 sized for my bike. If they do I would be interested. Perhaps if the 404 was mounted on a larger touring bike the extra size of the bike led to increased wear on the tire.

Ken

I ran them on my FXDS . Bought at the metric store, saving 100$ off what HD wanted and their High prices.... Buying the 404 and getting 8,000 off the rear using a 150 width instead of the 140 stock one.. Yes on the HD logo/402's like Kemo says.

Remember softer is good on the pavement but Leaves a little More on the pavement..

I switched Next time, by Ordering the stock 150, HD logo ones/402 IF made for your bike..Not sure but the stock HD tire for your year bike is implied here(edited to be correct?) from the metric shop and still saves 80$ off the HD $$ store prices..Now that is including the full install.

signed....BUBBIE

I decided to go ahead and put the 404 on. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I bet you will be pleased with riding that 404, and IF you look where to buy(honda or metric store) and have them installed at the same place bought,,, Best savings:newsmile093::newsmile093: I have found...

signed....BUBBIE

Back