free website stats program Dunlop 407 rear. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop 407 rear.

As I was cleaning the wheels yesterday, I took a good look at the tires for cupping and abnormal wear conditions. Not a problem as of about 4000 miles of driving. Bear in mind that I use the bike as a touring machine and not as a racing machine.

Gator454

Legend...we need to hang out...69,000 on that 09...you are livin the good life...I only have 20,000 and I thought I was living it...you are da man:s

What is really amazing is he lives in Canada with a very short riding season! Must be headed south for the winters. Lucky dog. :s

Yes sir , I am from Canada, spend most of the winter in Yuma AZ. never thought I would be this fortunate . Love it! the weather here is Fine!! " I don't mean to rub it in"

Good rid-en weather here too....tough rid-en all year but someone has to do it.

OK back to tires.....anyone else with a 09 RK/RHC with 16" wheels having any cupping problems. You probably wouldn't notice it till you get over 5k on them.

Jerry

I have an 09 RK w/7.8K. Front had cupping @5K replaced, rear good. Just did the oils last night and could see cupping starting on rear tire. I check pressure before every ride and keep 36 front & 40 rear.
WAP.gif

Larry,

I just got off the phone with HD corporte and they told me they are not getting any calls on this. Maybe we should start....414-343-4056.

They suggested to try another dealership because the one I have used isn't helpful.

I run 41 in the front and 42 in the rear per Dunlope. All our checking points to the tire.

Jerry

I have a 2009 Ultra and the rear Dunlop tire cupped at 2800 miles!! Took it to the dealer (Tramontin Harley Davidson) in NJ. The "sevice manager" said his did the same thing and he would call Harley. So I called Dunlop nothing. I called Harley and they called the dealer and he told Harley it was normal wear!! (That's NOT what he told me) Its cupped more on the left than the right. I think if the dealer backed me up and was honest Harley would have done somthing. The dealer lost a good customer. I tell everybody to call Harley 414-343-4056

i own a softailcuston i have cupping on front tire 9ooo miles none on back .rides great
dose cupping cause handling problems ? goes straight no hands.if it wasnt for looks i wouild say it handles better than i thort it wouild with 21 skiny tire.

i own a softailcuston i have cupping on front tire 9ooo miles none on back .rides great
dose cupping cause handling problems ? goes straight no hands.if it wasnt for looks i wouild say it handles better than i thort it wouild with 21 skiny tire.

When cupping was there on mine, I would feel a Lot of vibration when applying the front break, Other than that I had a good ride yet, just like you.

signed....BUBBIE
Laying into a corner would worry me a bit

Back