free website stats program Dumb Question / FXRG Back Pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Dumb Question / FXRG Back Pads

LtDan1

Hi all --

I have two H-D mesh jackets. Neither came with pockets for the back protection and I'm wanting to add that to both. The FXRG pads are shaped kind of like pears -- and I'm wondering if the wide part goes to the top or the bottom -- i.e., which way to have the seamstress make the pockets? Is that wide part for lower internal organ protection, or for upper between-the-should-blades protection? I called a local dealer and they said the FXRG jackets have rectangle pockets that let you put the back pad whichever way you want it. I'm *assuming* those pads were made that shape for a reason, and would rather spend the money to end up with them installed the way they were intended to be used. It IS possible they were/are intended to be used "either way you want," -- But then why not just make it a big oval instead of giving it a wide and narrow end?

Any input appreciated.

I'd guess the wider part would go to the top on a younger man as the shoulders are wider than waist. For me, it would have to be the other way.:newsmile042:

I'd guess the wider part would go to the top on a younger man as the shoulders are wider than waist. For me, it would have to be the other way.:newsmile042:

Now that's thinkin'! I'm probably closer to your shape -- Maybe I should plan on scrubbing off some of that lower dimension anyway! :D

Back