free website stats program Duh? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Duh?

It happens to all of us and I will be the first one to admit it:p

Kind of off-topic, but I wired in one of those tender plugs (don't know the name for them), and also wired up a mating plug, connected (don't forget polarity) by way of a short length of wire, to a female cigarette lighter socket. That gives me the opportunity to use any number of cigarette lighter adapters if I need to, and not have the socket permanently mounted. When not being used it just sits in the bottom of my saddlebag.

Thanks for the chuckle. Being blonde, these types of things are expected of me (and I often do them)!

Welcome to the HD family! You are among great company.

I know this should already be known........don't jump start using battery tender hook-up.
Seen it tried, wasn't pretty.
wilks3
:USA

Doing something dumb is only really dumb if you don't learn from it and you keep on doing it.
As someone else has already said - the great members on this site do not judge. Experience and knowledge is shared and the learning and experience journey continues for us all.
I've learned so much about HDs and bikes in general since joining here a few years back, I'm still picking up something new almost every time I read here - love this site!

Kind of off-topic, but I wired in one of those tender plugs (don't know the name for them), and also wired up a mating plug, connected (don't forget polarity) by way of a short length of wire, to a female cigarette lighter socket. That gives me the opportunity to use any number of cigarette lighter adapters if I need to, and not have the socket permanently mounted. When not being used it just sits in the bottom of my saddlebag.

I like this idea, mind if I use it? Don't know what for yet, just seems like a good idea!

When I was checking out my soon to be sporty a few years back I asked the dealer if the factory forgot to hook something up..he just smiled answered and probably thought..this guy has a lot to learn..I still do. have fun!

I know this should already be known........don't jump start using battery tender hook-up.
Seen it tried, wasn't pretty.
wilks3
:USA

Been there, blew a 10a in line fuse when I got in a hury and bumped the charger up to far. It was working on the low amp setting. Glad there was a fuse.

Back