free website stats program Duh? | Harley Davidson Forums

Duh?

FLST

When looking over my new to me 05 softtail I noticed a plug-in sort of thing just under the seat on the right. Sort of hidden. Not knowing anything about Harley's at the time (still don't know much) I guessed it was some sort of hook up for a dealer computer or some such. I installed a battery tender and let it sit for a month or so. After getting some info here and perusing the service manual I wanted to check some things out just to familiarize myself with the bike components. I pulled the seat and removed the battery to check it and get a better look at things. When removing the battery I discovered that the mystery plug is, you'll never guess, a battery tender hook up. I'm still laughing at myself about that.

I think most of us can fess up to doing foolish things like that. Can make a person feel down right dumb.

Had the same thing happen with my 1993 Heritage.
I was worried something had come unpluged, I took it back to the dealer and asked. Felt like a totaly dummy when it was explained.....my first harley , what can I say.

Had the same thing happen with my 1993 Heritage.
I was worried something had come unpluged, I took it back to the dealer and asked. Felt like a totaly dummy when it was explained.....my first harley , what can I say.
Nice to know I'm in good company az.

And it sums up why so many of us like HDT...no one makes fun of you, naive questions are answered by those who are more learned and those of us who are complete novices are a little less so. And so it goes...
Ishmael

If I only had a nickel for every time I said 'Duh' to myself......at least I can laugh. :D

Hadn't thought of that yet. I'll keep that in mind Kennedy. I don't feel quite so "duh?" now but am still laughing. That'll keep me going till the snow quits. :newsmile01:

You're not the first and won't be the last. Those that claim not to have done anything stupid haven't done anything.

Now you know what a battery tender pigtail looks like when fitted to a bike and you will have that wee bit of knowledge for the rest of your life
And one day you may come across a person that need that wee bit of knowledge passed on to them

Brian

Back