free website stats program Ducati #1, Harley Davidson #2 in customer satisfaction survey. | Harley Davidson Forums

Ducati #1, Harley Davidson #2 in customer satisfaction survey.

SledDog

Staff member
Harley has been un-seated as #1 in customer satisfaction. After being #1 for 2 years, they fall to #2. Ducati has un-seated them.. Mucho props to Ducati! They make a great product. It's a great showing for them.. And just in time for the WSBK round at Monza, too!!

Is this an omen of things to come? Could be.. MV and Buell are close behind them. So is BMW and Victory.

Read it here: Soup :: Ducati Dealers Rated # 1 :: 05-05-2009

Last edited:
I guess all that really matters is that they're still number one for THIS customer - ME!

I guess all that really matters is that they're still number one for THIS customer - ME!

But do you shop Ducati? I do. And I can see the difference. But there are those that shop other brands with a lower rating and they are still #1 with them...

I would just once love to visit an American run dealership, I've only ever been to a couple here in Spain and had it not been for a test drive on my N we would not be having this conversation, their total lack of after sales customer service and unbelievable incompetence absolutely beggers belief.

But do you shop Ducati? I do. And I can see the difference. But there are those that shop other brands with a lower rating and they are still #1 with them...

Nope - I can't afford the collection of bikes you have. Since I can only have one, the Street Glide was a perfect fit for me.

Customer service is like rolling dice, there are winners and losers, but the real tale of the tape is when you really need your dealer (or any customer service for that matter) do they deliver to your expectations. A dealer is only as good as the last satisfied (or un-satisfied) customer. Surveys all have a margin of error and depending on the scope, the results and subsequent relevance may or may not be significant. Tell that to your fellow rider and personal acquaintances, cause service locally is really the thing that matters most. :s

BTW - the warm glow of Italian iron would be nice in my "corral", but the missus would have something to say, but probably not in the same vein...! :(

It doesn`t surprise me. I bought a 748 new in `97 and still have it. It was under warranty for 2 years. 3 months AFTER the warranty ran out it quit charging. It was the voltage regulator ($200).I called the dealer and he said he would talk to the district rep and try to get one no charge and charge it off to customer good will. They did and I was one satisfied customer.

Obviously I'm happy and proud of this outstanding result for an Italian brand in the US... :ap

I don't buy Ducati in Italy... but my brother does! :s

He's always bought Ducati bikes (also an Aprilia RSV 1000 some years ago...) and he is very happy with the quality of the product and service.

Now he owns a Monster 695 and a ST4 (yes, 2 bikes...) and I cannot trip together with him because he says I'm riding too slow for him with my Street Bob! :(

Ciao
Ugo

Students of the history of the MoCo know that it has been through peaks and valleys like many other companies. The Valley of Despair was probably the AMF time-frame. Although that probably did save the MoCo, it lead to the legacy of the oil leaking bikes that couldn't go 100 miles without something falling off or the bike breaking down. After the management buy back, they focused on dealership and customer satisfaction and started making stuff that recaptured customer loyalty. Now we seem to be in another slide towards a valley. There are too many incidents of bad to extremely bad customer service and suspect engineering or manufacturing issues. This is a real shame particularly in a tough economy. Hope the ranking doesn't continue to fall, but if there isn't a concerted effort by HD, it very well might.

JMHO,

TQ

I will agree with that 100%. I have been extremely happy with the service I have received from my HD dealer. Everything from the sale to service and parts and follow-ups. They have been great.

If I could just get my car dealer to treat me as well...............:(

Back