free website stats program dual exhaust mod | Harley Davidson Forums

dual exhaust mod

palladino

I have an 07 street glide with V&H slip ons, I was informed that if I just cut and capped the cross pipe on the stock exhaust it is safe and makes it true dual with out the $. I am nervous and am looking for some feed back.

If you cap the cross pipe the exhaust has to make a 90 deg turn to exit through the muffler. Not a good option IMO. Take it from someone who has litterally tried all the cheep methods, save your money and buy the correct pipes for the conversion. You'll be happier in the end. Trust me. :s

here's how to plug off the r/s pipe on the rear cylinder. take a 1 5/8 in. core plug ($1.68) and sand off a bit on 2 sides. the plug will just slide into the exhaust pipe past the crossover joint. rotate the plug so that the crown faces the rear cylinder. with a 1/4 in. hole drilled thru the pipe on both sides, the sides of the plug should be visible in the holes. tig weld or mig weld the pipe to the core plug. you will have to measure where the holes should be in the pipe so they will hit the side of the plug when seated close to the crossover joint. tack a welding wire to the crown and use it to help align and seat the plug. replace pipes and heat shields. factory true duals.

Thats exactly what I noticed. So what did u end up doing? I also have a programmer installed and was not sure if I did change the set up if it would create some other issues.

Back