free website stats program dtc's | Harley Davidson Forums

dtc's

nascar7613

I hooked up a power commander to a 06 SE Fatboy. The belt rubbed thru the harness on the power commander and broke a wire and blew the ecm fuse. I fixed the wire and reinstalled the power commander, but the bike ran badly. Then I disconnected the power commander and plugged the ecm straight into the harness. The bike runs badly, the check engine light is on, it has dtc's po108 map sensor high, po113 iat sensor high, po118 et sensor high and po123 tps sensor high. Did something happen to the ecm or is there something else I could look for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hooked up a power commander to a 06 SE Fatboy. The belt rubbed thru the harness on the power commander and broke a wire and blew the ecm fuse. I fixed the wire and reinstalled the power commander, but the bike ran badly. Then I disconnected the power commander and plugged the ecm straight into the harness. The bike runs badly, the check engine light is on, it has dtc's po108 map sensor high, po113 iat sensor high, po118 et sensor high and po123 tps sensor high. Did something happen to the ecm or is there something else I could look for?

When you clear the codes, do the same ones come right back on?

TQ

Hi, just had a look at the fault diagnosis for those codes. They all point to bad wiring or ECM and/or idividual sensors gone bad. I don't think all your sensors have gone bad so have another look at your wiring again, power commander disconnected and hopefully you may find something.
Hope it ain't the ECM.

turns out it fried the ecm and vss. I had a thundermax laying around so I installed it, replaced the vss and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for your replies.

Back