free website stats program Dtc po562 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dtc po562

Had a code come up on my 09 FLHTC Electraglide and can't find it listed on any of the charts. I cleared the code, the bike starts and runs fine. But now when I turn on the ignition switch to start it the little check engine light does'nt come on anymore but the key for security does and I don't have anytype of security installed. Anyone have a clue what is going on?

Ok got that but what about the check engine light? Why would the security key now light up instead? Forgot to say when this happened we were riding and lost radio,turn signals and horn. Rode about 15 miles before I could stop. Turned the bike off and was gonna show a buddy what happened. When I turned it back on everything worked just had check engine light come on a few times since and go right back off. When I checked the codes that was what I found.

But now when I turn on the ignition switch to start it the little check engine light does'nt come on anymore

It should. And for no other reason than for a lamp check. Start with the kill switch in the kill position. Turn on the ignition. Now flip the kill switch to run.. The check engine light no longer lights up for 4 seconds.?

Back