free website stats program dtc 31 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

dtc 31

no antenna Hoople . yes code cleared for like 5 minutes my alarm is part #68958-00.and funny how it worked for a couple times

How I understand it is,,, the unit without the antenna does not chirp. I may be wrong and don't understand it but see Joy's link. It seems to indicate you need the antenna model (?)

Man, you must really want that "Chirp":D

For that code 31 to come back again, sure does not look good. I would have guessed the new siren would have gotten you straightened out. Your "paying you dues" on this one for sure.

How I understand it is,,, the unit without the antenna does not chirp. I may be wrong and don't understand it but see Joy's link. It seems to indicate you need the antenna model (?)

Man, you must really want that "Chirp":D

For that code 31 to come back again, sure does not look good. I would have guessed the new siren would have gotten you straightened out. Your "paying you dues" on this one for sure.
Hoople, I can relate, I really wanted mine to chirp too. :) It was really hard for me to let it go until I knew for sure that mine unit would not chirp. I had that thing off & on a half dozen times to compare. :D It's just hard to see the lights blink in the bright sunlight sometims so I like the audible chirp. :s BTW, my bike still has no chirp. LOL

its not that i want the chirp but the siren doesnt even sound off when armed and you move the bike the directionals flash but no siren i have monitored the alarm signal wire and if you move the bike the voltage goes from .50v to .25 volt . i just know i am missing something . i am a pretty good tech on cars this is not making sense and i dont get satisfaction when i dont fix problems like this .when the code cleared i thought i was golden but the book doesnt give you a spec high to low for siren .and people who dont have a siren have this code also
now when i walk into harley i get whats wrong this time from one parts guy instead of how we can resolve this

Does the bike run with the siren TSSM? I know it took me several tries to get the timing right on the programming. My siren definitely worked, I just didn't have a chirp. But that was after I went through the programming and marrying the TSSM to my bike.

Joy, 10/4 on the Chirp. It is also a good deterrent for sure.! So you can't get yours to chirp and you have an antenna model?

Spoolit,, Entry point #5, paragraph 2 sure does indicate that something is wrong with the TSSM. That 31 code coming back even with no siren module is not what I would like to see.

Joy yes the bike runs without the siren . now would marrying the tssm get the siren to work for the alarm armed mode ? and i could follow the procedure in the diagnostic book ( but i thought only the dealer could do this )I will def try this . the parts guy told me my alarm system is obsolete idk he said 02 models were trouble

he said 02 models were trouble

Only a guess but to me if the TSSM was not married, you would not get the flashers to work with the alarm. (which they do)...
I just can't believe Not being married would just affect the siren module only. But who knows(?)

Spoolit, I'll have to go back & re-read my posts on that, it's been a few years. I do know that my bike had to be married, & I was told by a mechanic somewhere that the FI bikes had to be married by the digital tech at the dealer, but on the carbed bikes you could do that by following specific instructions. They had to be followed to a T and I couldn't do anything else while doing the marrying process. I'll look into it a bit more & find the thread. :s

Back