free website stats program Drum brake on ABS HD Ultra Classic. Please Help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Drum brake on ABS HD Ultra Classic. Please Help!

jgordon

I have a techincal question and hopefully someone can help me out or at least point me in the right direction. I have a 2008 Ultra Classic that has ABS. I want to install a 360 brake on the front wheel. If any of you have never seen a 360 brake, it's a very small, self-contained braking system that fits around the axle and allows an unobstructed view of your bike's wheel. However, it will not work with ABS. So here are my questions...Is it possible to deactivate the ABS on the front wheel only? If so, will the computer throw a code? Will the bike run? Will the rear ABS brakes function with the front non-ABS brakes? Is there a way to do this without disturbing the ECM? Can the ABS sensor be bypassed?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lots of questions here that I can't give you a positive answer for but if it helps you out, the sensor in the front wheel for the ABS is in the wheel bearing so I think that answers most of your inquiry.

Lots of questions here that I can't give you a positive answer for but if it helps you out, the sensor in the front wheel for the ABS is in the wheel bearing so I think that answers most of your inquiry.

course it might no effect the abs but im sure that tiny little brake wont stop a 800 pound missle

As compared to a car / truck abs system, if a sensor signal fails do to internal short, broken wire or left unplugged, a code will be set and the system goes into a fail safe mode, meaning no abs / traction control function. The brake will respond as if the vehicle didn't have abs, will not have any effect of engine control as there are different control mods. hope this helps.

Thanks for the help and responses. Where can I find the wire to unplug the ABS? Also, does anyone know of an online microfiche for Harleys? Thanks.

you can unplug the module ... its inside your right side cover ... you will have a very annoying abs light in the tach....unpluging it will throw codes , it is its own seperate module

Back