free website stats program Dropped! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped!

in my younger years, I pulled my 1959 Sportster into a hamburger joint, parking lot filled with fresh and deep gravel. I accidently laid it over just about where I was thinking of parking it ........ so to be totally cool, (there were girls present) I just reached down and turned it off and left it there ---- as IF I had 'parked' it there!!!! :s:s:s

I think even Steve McQueen would of appreciated your "save" !

Welcome to the group. I rode home from the dealer and dropped the bike in my garage. Only 33 miles new.
WAP.gif

NO harm NO foul, NO big deal, now you have a great story to tell.

I will learn from you, I am going to go and lube my stand --- So I for one thank you for the information. :cheers

It depends on how hard it goes down. :) If you do it right, (if there is such a thing) you may get by with only breaking a foot peg. :s Don't ask me how I know. :D

in my younger years, I pulled my 1959 Sportster into a hamburger joint, parking lot filled with fresh and deep gravel. I accidently laid it over just about where I was thinking of parking it ........ so to be totally cool, (there were girls present) I just reached down and turned it off and left it there ---- as IF I had 'parked' it there!!!! :s:s:s

Good move! :newsmile108:

Back in the sixties (yes I do remember them) I was sitting on my bike with one foot on the ground and the other on the footrest,looking cool,talking to some friends.My leg was getting tired so I decide to shift over to my other foot.Next thing I knew I couldn't get my foot off the peg and I went down with the bike on top of me,looking uncool.Turned out the kickstart pedal was up the leg of my bellbottom jeans.

Its alright. Two kinds of people, those who have dropped their bikes and those who are going too.

Bodeen

Third kind: those that drop their bikes and nobody sees them.
That's what people say, anyway, I've never seen one of them.:D

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear, does it make any noise?

You're right tho - I suppose many bikes have been dropped and no one sees and therefore no one tells. - maybe -- just saying

Bill

That's me. Did it in the garage with no one around. Nice thing about dropping one like that is your pride doesn't suffer.

Back