free website stats program Dropped Helmet | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped Helmet

Yes, buy a new helmet and send me yours. I'll throw it away for you.

Seriously?

I've dropped mine in the garage more than once. That's a money maker line. Buy a new one puts dollars in the pocket manfg.

AND buying a new one also protects the head inside the helmet too.:D

Everyone knows what their head is worth!

The only question that comes to mind for me is—

If the helmet is that fragile that one drop from four feet damages it, I don't want that manfg helmet on my head.

Here's an interesting video from Leno''s Garage concerning helmet and fit, the manufacture has some enlightening things to say about a dropped helmet...

Leno Helmet Talk

I drop mine all the time. its a little scratched up, but I cant justify treating it like porcelin. If a drop damages it to the point that it will no longer protect me, then I might as well not wear one at all if they are that "fragile".

I could see if there was a big ole crack running down the side of it, but motorycle helmets are supposedly tougher than football helmets... look at the beating they take

I found this on Jay Leno's garage. Sounds like straight talk to me. Watch it all, they talk about dropped helmets.

Jay Leno's Garage

really informative. i learned a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Helmets

I think color and racing sticker are most important don't you.
I know they are safer but for street riding in my case a full is a no go 3/4 for me I will take a bit of the risk.

I go the 3/4 route also. I think a quality helmet is going to do a decent job protecting you. If it was all safety, probably wouldn't be on a bike.

I am currently using an HJC it is DOT and SNELL. Don't know if the ACU gold race is something used on this side of the pond. Gotta agree on the rain but if you want a real thrill try hail in the middle of Oklahoma. that will really light you up.

I read someshere that at least every two years you should replace your helmet. Usually after a couple of years we are ready for a new lid. Just the accumulation of sweat and bug gut makes two years seem reasonable.

Back