free website stats program dropped bike, broken clutch lever | Harley Davidson Forums

dropped bike, broken clutch lever

arkie

Momentum is a mean mother...

I was backing up my bike and turning, lost balance and CRUNCH, down she went on the left side.

Broke the knob off of the clutch lever. Floor board and a full saddle bag prevented anything else from touching, so lucky there, but how much trouble is it to replace the clutch lever? I've tinkered with some things on my bikes over the years but never the levers.

Thanks,

Momentum is a mean mother...

I was backing up my bike and turning, lost balance and CRUNCH, down she went on the left side.

Broke the knob off of the clutch lever. Floor board and a full saddle bag prevented anything else from touching, so lucky there, but how much trouble is it to replace the clutch lever? I've tinkered with some things on my bikes over the years but never the levers.

Thanks,

It is very easy. Collapse the clutch cable adjuster in front of the engine until the handle touches the grip. Then take off the small snap ring on the bottom of the handle pivot. Pull the handle out of the frame and push the plastic cable holder out of the handle. Put the new one on, and back track through the steps to finish the job. You have a bit of play in the handle with the cable adjusted correctly. You manual should tell you how much.

TQ

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very easy. Collapse the clutch cable adjuster in front of the engine until the handle touches the grip. Then take off the small snap ring on the bottom of the handle pivot. Pull the handle out of the frame and push the plastic cable holder out of the handle. Put the new one on, and back track through the steps to finish the job. You have a bit of play in the handle with the cable adjusted correctly. You manual should tell you how much.

TQ

It very easy to replace the lever say 10-15 min job depending on if everything comes loose

thanks.

I still feel like an idiot and I do not like that feeling. Having it be easy to fix helps some.

jeff

thanks.

I still feel like an idiot and I do not like that feeling. Having it be easy to fix helps some.

jeff

Never feel like an idiot Jeff. We've all done it, it's almost a right of passage.

An old biker once told me "kid there are only two types of bikers - those that have dropped it and those that will."

...and now you know which one you are! :D

Back