free website stats program Dropped 08 1200c off of lift | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped 08 1200c off of lift

67hat34c

Ok I messed up. Changed rear tire 2 weeks ago and the bike dropped off of the lift with the tire off of the bike. I knew it was unstable and should have waited for help but another lesson learned.
I had it on plywood and it did not tip over. went strait down and bounced once. It left an inprint on the wood from the crossover / exhaust mount and one from the rear brake mount. it broke the plastic lower chain guard and also there is a ding in the left swing arm bolt cover(chrome Cover). Appears the swing arm bolt cover hit the rear peg mount. Appears the swing arm got torqued sideways. Everthing seems ok. I am guessing the rubber mounts must have allowed it to give and am guessing since the rubber is not that old that it should not be damaged.

Should I be concerned with anything?

Not much to be concerned about. Just feel the bike out when you ride it next for anything that feels strange and strap it down next time.

Sounds like you got real lucky.Ive been guilty of not strapping mine down more than once.Reading this may make me think twice before attempting it again.

I have a design in mind for an addaptor for the sportster frame which should help it become more stable on the lift. straps will also help.

Back