free website stats program Driving lights?? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Driving lights??

Smitty, I like that "Ditch Light" moniker, though if properly aimed, they provide "ambient light" for seeing things "in the ditch"...!:s

Don't want to see my lights focused there at least anytime soon!:lolrolling

What I have done with my 08 EGC will not be popular but it works and is not expensive. I really like the MoCo highway bar mounted fog lights but can't see spending the money for them. So....I went to Wal-Mart (oh the horror!!) and bought a set of round driving lights for less then $20.00. I then bought the appropriate Kuryakyn (sp) bracket and mounted them on my highway bar, just underneath my highway pegs. Drilled holes in my highway bar, ran the wiring through the highway bars and I am in business. They have been installed for over two years now and are still very bright, much brighter than my headlight (I like the contrast). I have to admit they are starting to look a little weather beaten so, for around $20.00 I can buy new ones, plug into the already installed wiring and I am back in business. I know the thought of mounting anything from Wal-mart on your bike offends some guys but I'm all about saving money.
Ride safe.

I was looking at probley the same light the other night at yes walmart and was thinking hum what about a mount

I was looking at probley the same light the other night at yes walmart and was thinking hum what about a mount

I used a bracket that was one size larger than my highway bar..cut up a radiator hose into thin strips and used that as a spacer between the bracket and the bar..virtually stopped the vibration to the lights.

Great stuff!!! I am suprised at the difference of opinion and style that can be had. I realy like the (ditch) light look for the bike but....Smitty901 setup is pretty cool. Does it need more than just basic added wiring and a 20 amp fuse to achiev?? And what about price point. As for wally world...........I think the dont ask dont tell rule may apply.:57:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also like the dolittle advice.. If 12.50 could solve a bit of the problem then I will start there. I like saving $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff!!! I am suprised at the difference of opinion and style that can be had. I realy like the (ditch) light look for the bike but....Smitty901 setup is pretty cool. Does it need more than just basic added wiring and a 20 amp fuse to achiev?? And what about price point. As for wally world...........I think the dont ask dont tell rule may apply.:57:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also like the dolittle advice.. If 12.50 could solve a bit of the problem then I will start there. I like saving $$$$

Good call GP...those 80/100W lamps are a direct replacement and are really bright. It was the very one of the first add on accessory items recommended by HDTimeline i put on, when I noticed how poor the OEM light is on a moonless or foggy night. Using the BOTTS dots like reading braille to center yourself on the roadway is no fun!:small3d015:

I have one of the bulbs in
My fatboy but tell ya what in deer county I want more they are moving now and Sunday night I had a close call with 2 on the rkc with this bulb and the spots on and still didn't see um tillmalmost to
Late
WAP.gif

I found some driving lights they are 55w. I am worried about burning something up. What extra do I need to do do when I wire them up? 20 amp fuse?

What I have done with my 08 EGC will not be popular but it works and is not expensive. I really like the MoCo highway bar mounted fog lights but can't see spending the money for them. So....I went to Wal-Mart (oh the horror!!) and bought a set of round driving lights for less then $20.00. I then bought the appropriate Kuryakyn (sp) bracket and mounted them on my highway bar, just underneath my highway pegs. Drilled holes in my highway bar, ran the wiring through the highway bars and I am in business. They have been installed for over two years now and are still very bright, much brighter than my headlight (I like the contrast). I have to admit they are starting to look a little weather beaten so, for around $20.00 I can buy new ones, plug into the already installed wiring and I am back in business. I know the thought of mounting anything from Wal-mart on your bike offends some guys but I'm all about saving money.
Ride safe.

I don't see a problem,made in china or made in china? :rofl

Back