free website stats program drivers backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

drivers backrest

hotrodjohn

I am looking for a drivers backrest. I tried a friends and it seems to high and to close even on the farthest and lowest settings. It is the Harley one that fits in the rectangular mount with three settings for height and the backrest has a spring loaded set of bars to fit into that mounting bracket. I see Harley also sells one with a gas shock that has a 30 degree swing to it by pushing some kind of lever that is attatched to a cable. Anyone know if that setup is any better.
WAP.gif

I have the fully adjustable ( the one with the cable ) and it is very comfortable & you don't feel crowded towards the front, it is well worth the money IMO.

I have the gas shock adjustable backrest on my Ultra Limited and it's very comfortable. It adjusts (tilt) forward and back, and up and down. I am 5'8" and I feel very comfortable.

On the manual/driver backrest - you can adjust the angle w/set screw (inside back of pad). I have the manual version, but didn't have to make anyadjustments from initial install. Guess I got lucky w/body angle(s) & bike fit...

I have the adjustable one. No matter what I'm driving/riding or where I'm sitting I have to change position periodically or things stiffen up - getting old! With the adjustable I can move it back when I want to slouch or move it ahead when I want to sit up. Easy to adjust while moving.

I just put the Mustang driver backrest for my SG it has a adjustment screw that you can adjust in a seconds forward or back based on what feels good to you at the moment I only wish I had done it a long time ago money well spent!

Ranger Rick

I have a driver's backrest on my Road Glide for long trips. Mine was not giving enough support and I had it in the forward mounting position. I replaced the adjusting screw with one a bit longer and it works fine now.

Back