Driver's Backrest????

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by ghostrider69, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ghostrider69

ghostrider69 Member

Does anyone know of a good drivers backrest for my heritage softail? Does anyone have one,if so, does it work good?

2. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

I had a Heritage a few years back and I put the Harley backrest seat on. I really liked the backrest, but it sat me more forward than I was used to. I finally got use to it but the guy I sold the bike to didn't like it and took it off.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Ghostrider69, may want to give us a little detail as to measurement of how tall you are and your inseam. I know when I test rode one, it was too far back, but I am only 5' 6" and 30" inseam...

4. ghostrider69

ghostrider69 Member

I am 5'9" with a 30-32 inseam. I have the large round bag on but it pushes me forward. I need a backrest the is flush with the passenger seat. Ive seen several seats with a builtin backrest, but Im looking for a cheaper alternative.
    Ive seen a few backrest but it looks like it will push me forward.

5. maverick96

maverick96 Member

There was a guy on ebay that had them for stock seat as a add on

6. Ron Mastin

Ron Mastin Banned

Ok, if you're in to looking cool read no further. If you're in to comfort this is my solution to a backrest and I love it. It is a tombstone bag made by Kuryakyn. It comes with three adjusting pad on the end to adjust for comfort. I don't really care for the look but I've traveled thousands of miles with it and never had my back hurt and I never ride without it! None of the pad that came with the bag was the exact adjustment I was looking for so I finally ended up putting an inflatable pillow in the pocket in order to adjust to a perfect fit. Go to Kuryakyn web site
    and search on tombstone bag to look at the specs.

My bag is a couple of years old but I bought it brand new on Ebay for $100. Best money I ever spend and would buy another one if the one (EDIT) out.

Please read and understand the info in this link...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
  7. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

I've got a nice bolt-on back rest that I bought for $150 and it made a world of difference. I still have the backrest and no longer have the Heritage.

8. little_earl

little_earl Active Member

Try this firehousecustoms.com

9. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

Do you want to sell it and does it have studs? If you do pm me.

10. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member