free website stats program Drivers Back Rest | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drivers Back Rest

I have the non-adjustable and it works fine for me. I have no reason to adjust it (if I could) since it feels just right already.

I currently have an adjustable one and really like it.

I want to get a Tallboy seat and have been told that they only accept the non adjustable version. Nice to hear that the non adjustable one is so versatile.

I ride a 2008 Ultra and just priced up a Riders Back Rest and Bracket part #'s 52530-09 and 52587-09.............what a rip off they want $386 for the backrest and another $60.00 for the mounting kit...thats NZ dollars so that is about $228 USD...Gotta be another way round that rip off. Maybe better off getting a Mustang or a Ultimate, about $600.00 for a better quality seat that includes a backrest

Holy Catfish Batman......Just went to the Mustang site and they want $269USD just for the backrest that fits the Harley Seat....Kapow!!!! Ultimate wants $780 USD for full seat that includes a riders back rest and I am awaiting a reply from Mustang!!!.
Maybe they all got real silver concho's on em...grin.
Guess I will just have to ram a bit of 2x4 down the slot and tie a pillow to it...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the non-adjustable ... love it no problems. You will have to buy the under seat bracket to attach the backrest to it.

Guess I will just have to ram a bit of 2x4 down the slot and tie a pillow to it...LOL

That wood be the perfect add-on for this bike!:bigsmiley20:
woodenbike

That wood be the perfect add-on for this bike!

Now thats funny..LOL
Last word on a new seat is no no no no
Mustang new seat and backrest $708USD
Ultimate " " " $780USD
Harley backrest to fit current seat $231USD
2x4 timber and pillow.....................ziltch

Actually, if you go to a local "Cycle - Salvage(er)" you might be able to find one...eh, used...otherwise it is E-bay or the like for your bike. No 2x4 and pillow necessary, I hope!!!

Well after all the comments, I went with the non adjustable one. Since there was no clear complaints either way, it came down to the dollars for me. Part numbers for the 09 Ultra are 52900-09a for the bckrest and 52589-09 for the mounting hardware. Total for everything was $204 to my door from Zanotti's. 10 days for delivery. I hope I like it.. LOL! :D Thanks for all the input, it was very helpful.

Back