free website stats program Driver Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Driver Backrest

Barry712

I hate to show my ignorance but here goes. I just purchased a 2003 Ultra Classic and it has a driver back rest already in place. How do I remove it? I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks.

Slide your finger down the slot in the seat where the backrest slides in and there should be a spring clip that you can open and lift out the back rest

I hate to show my ignorance but here goes. I just purchased a 2003 Ultra Classic and it has a driver back rest already in place. How do I remove it? I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks.

Feel for the 2 metal support rods that attaches to the pad and squeeze them together and lift up. Check out pics on ebay and you will see what we all are trying to say.

No one was born knowing this stuff. Hope your going to put the back rest back on, I know I wish I had got one years ago. Yeah old age sucks but you learn to adapt. Live long and get wiser.

This reminds me of a post I made here about my EG's saddlebag getting out of adjustment and not staying closed. I debating asking such a "dumb question" but after a couple days of staring at the latch and scratching my head I finally asked it and got a nice simple answer that fixed the problem in a minute. I think the true soul of a forum is reflected in the answers given to simple but confounding problems and it's why I keep coming back here.

For what it's worth, one of the first things I bought for my '04 Classic was the backrest, and it has not been off the bike since.
I would not ride without it.

Rod

Back