free website stats program Driver Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Driver Backrest

propflux01

Hello. I have an '03 Ultra that I bought used. I would like to put a backrest on it for the rider. Apparently there is the locking/docking/mounting (whatever you call it!) system on it already, seems I just need the backrest part itself. Does anyone know where I can get just that part ( used is OK) or recommend a better part that will fit?

If the exsisting mounting hardware is from Harley then yes - you can buy just the backrest - they make different pads that can match your seat - your local dealer should have a parts books with all the pads shown in it - I would be sure that the mounting hardware is from Harley before buying the pad.

If you do have the backrest mounting hardware/bracket under the seat, make sure you know witch kind/brand it is. Harley makes two different models (adjustable & non), Mustang makes one, Corbin makes one and they are different. Look at the mount, then search for the backrest that matches.
I love my (Harley non adj.) backrest. When on a trip, I start each day without it, later in the day I slip it in and feel like I just started the day all over again.

I just looked in my HD acc. catalog. If it has the bar and shield on it and is rectangular, it's the basic mount. Harleys other backrest is the adjustable, and has a cable going to it. When shopping for your backrest, you want the one that has two legs with a spring between them. If you don't have a acc. book, go to HD's website and see what it looks like.

I have the backrest and assembly with the cable (adjustable) I looking to get rid at a reasonable price. If interested shoot me an e-mail and I will send pics.

For all those interested in the backrest I posted it in the For Sale Section of this forum with pictures.

Back