Driver Backrest

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by propflux01, Feb 17, 2010.

1. propflux01

propflux01 Active Member

Hello. I have an '03 Ultra that I bought used. I would like to put a backrest on it for the rider. Apparently there is the locking/docking/mounting (whatever you call it!) system on it already, seems I just need the backrest part itself. Does anyone know where I can get just that part ( used is OK) or recommend a better part that will fit?

2. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

If the exsisting mounting hardware is from Harley then yes - you can buy just the backrest - they make different pads that can match your seat - your local dealer should have a parts books with all the pads shown in it - I would be sure that the mounting hardware is from Harley before buying the pad.

3. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

4. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Along with foot pegs, I couldn't do without my backrest. Worth it's weight in gold.

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

If you do have the backrest mounting hardware/bracket under the seat, make sure you know witch kind/brand it is. Harley makes two different models (adjustable & non), Mustang makes one, Corbin makes one and they are different. Look at the mount, then search for the backrest that matches.
    I love my (Harley non adj.) backrest. When on a trip, I start each day without it, later in the day I slip it in and feel like I just started the day all over again.

6. propflux01

propflux01 Active Member

Is there a way to see which one it is? it is a HD, as I see a HD shield on the bracket setup.

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I just looked in my HD acc. catalog. If it has the bar and shield on it and is rectangular, it's the basic mount. Harleys other backrest is the adjustable, and has a cable going to it. When shopping for your backrest, you want the one that has two legs with a spring between them. If you don't have a acc. book, go to HD's website and see what it looks like.

8. propflux01

propflux01 Active Member

Outstanding. Mine has the cable.

9. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

I have the backrest and assembly with the cable (adjustable) I looking to get rid at a reasonable price. If interested shoot me an e-mail and I will send pics.

10. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

For all those interested in the backrest I posted it in the For Sale Section of this forum with pictures.