driver back rest set-up

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by caseydeuce, Apr 17, 2011.

1. caseydeuce

caseydeuce Member

Figure i'd just throw this one out there..

I have a stock seat for my Softail that i re-covered with quality leather. Im looking for idea's to make/buy a set up so i can have a little back support for myself as i ride.

i dont want to buy a new seat, im looking for some kind of attachment i can bolt on somewhere or make myself. Any idea's?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

There used to be a company in (I think) Aiken, SC that made nice backrests. He always had 1/8 page ads in the back of the big Harley magazines. Nice backrests, but, they fit over the outside of the seat, so it wasn't like a hidden bracket design.

3. Bikergeek

Bikergeek Active Member

I have a FLSTC and I bought a rider backrest from the following company. The owner was very accommodating and he bent over backwards to satisfy me. He actually customized the backrest just for my needs. It mounts in minutes to the existing passenger seat mounting thumb screws. The cost was super low ($110.00). I'm very happy with mine.

Check them out:

Grasshopper Limited
    Owner: Lonnie Alsteens
    website: Custom quick release motorcycle drivers backrests by Grasshopper Limited

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

5. D.Bradfield

D.Bradfield Active Member Contributor

I have a firehouse Customs drivers backrest on mine. It fits in between the driver and passenger seats and mounts on the studs that the front seat bolts down with.

6. doctordoug

doctordoug Account Removed

Unfortunately I think Firehouse is out of business due to the slow economy. Their website has been down for some time.:(

7. caseydeuce

caseydeuce Member

i will follow up the leads. thank you!

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

9. wwalkerbigwil

wwalkerbigwil Member

Check Grasshopper Limited on Ebay first. You can sometimes get the backrest for $20 cheaper than their website. I have one and it works great.