free website stats program drip-free oil fiter funnel | Harley Davidson Forums

drip-free oil fiter funnel

just4u

Banned
Has anyone used Greg's drip-free ol filter?? I saw it in Thunderpress. I tried it but it was very messy. This product(960) is not A no mess oil filter funnel. I have a 2006 heritage, and the funnel rubs very tight against the crank sensor, which will not allow you to use the clamp type oil filter wrench or any other kind of filter removal tool to rotate the filter after you punch a hole with the nail. I had a less mess just by changing the filter the old fashion way. using a rag.

Or use an old 1 litter plastic bottle...bottom cutout and screw on spout to close when you remove, less mess and cheap.

I just let it drip and hose it off when I am through...not that messy doing it in a gravel driveway....:rider

But not good for the environment either...spillage is a what gets washed down storm drains in every city and town in our nation...it all adds up and is not good. Use something to catch the drainings for all riders' and our kid's sakes please! :small3d015:

Last edited:
Well, just Forget buying a drip free oil filter funnel, What a waste of time and money. I went back to the good old way. cut a antifreeze container in half one to catch the oil on the ground and the other half cut to fit under the filter, with rags tucked over the regulator. It's the oil all over the regulator and wires that is the big mess, just try to clean that up.

But not good for the environment either...spillage is a what gets washed down storm drains in every city and town in our nation...it all adds up and is not good. Use something to catch the drainings for all riders' and our kid's sakes please! :small3d015:

Well,I do place a catch basin under the bike first....still get a few drops on the bike though...like I said,I just hose that off....I take all my used fluids to the local road department garage where they have a large container for re-cycling...:rider

I use a couple of sheet of paper from my printer , fits tight ,let you use your filter wrench and perfect lenth oil drops rite in to my waste oil pan ,no mess or drips to contend with

Yep, quart/liter pop bottle works great. Easy to cut and you can squeeze it in there. Almost no drips and cheap! I remove the voltage regulator too. Use a long socket on my Makita and the nuts are off in a jiffy. Also makes it real easy to clean up the frame in that area too. I also clean up the heat sink fins on the voltage regulator while I have it loose. The cooler you keep your electronics the longer they will last.

Back