free website stats program Drinking & Driving | Harley Davidson Forums

Drinking & Driving

Redfish-Joe

I would like to share an experience with you, about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.

Good post, always something to think about. Everybody has to decide on their own personal tolerance and convictions here.

My brother lost his license for life over dui's back in 1996. He has since quite drinking altogether for many years now, but spends about half his life in prison for repeat offender driving without a license. It' kinda hard to work construction without driving. Luckily he never had an accident and hurt anyone, just got 4 total dui's and in Florida that's it, no more license ever.

I rarely drink away from home but it is something we all have to face up to, especially depending on how you tolerate or handle the alcohol amounts you are consuming. It's one thing to get a citation for dui, it's quite another to cause an accident and kill someone.

Good post, always something to think about. Everybody has to decide on their own personal tolerance and convictions here.

My brother lost his license for life over dui's back in 1996. He has since quite drinking altogether for many years now, but spends about half his life in prison for repeat offender driving without a license. It' kinda hard to work construction without driving. Luckily he never had an accident and hurt anyone, just got 4 total dui's and in Florida that's it, no more license ever.

I rarely drink away from home but it is something we all have to face up to, especially depending on how you tolerate or handle the alcohol amounts you are consuming. It's one thing to get a citation for dui, it's quite another to cause an accident and kill someone.
Amen to that Dave, I quit 25 years ago I forgot to put my feet down @ a stop sign, The Redhead was here in Florida visiting her dad @ the time, She did not believe I would quit just like that, Thank God I never killed any one nor crashed, so if you drink do it with in your reason and be careful if you think about riding or driving

I'm not sure which was funner - the joke or the ad's embedded in the OP and the replies! When I looked they were lists of DUI lawyers and DUI checkers :D

I'm not sure which was funner - the joke or the ad's embedded in the OP and the replies! When I looked they were lists of DUI lawyers and DUI checkers :D

Yes I've noticed since they implemented the new software that the ads seem to have a search and find ability of their own. I.e. they match (if possible) the content and title of the post.

Back