free website stats program drink holder | Harley Davidson Forums

drink holder

gator508

Experienced Member
So, my wife got me a cup holder for my birthday, it's a Kruzzer Kaddy, looks nice and mounted to the bars no problem, didn't know what I'd been missing having a go to place for water instead of in the bags. The down side, I noticed I got several eyes from police probably wondering if the water was a different type of refreshment.

:) just avoid donut shops and you'll be fine.!

Check the clearance when you turn the bars all the way left or right (depending which side you mounted the holder) They may scratch the side of the gas tank ...

otherwise, been thinking of getting me one, so Gator, how do you like it? Will it keep water cold (cool) for any length of time? and last question - do you use it?

Thanks, Bill

As far as the police go as long as you aren't drinking and riding at the same time you should be fine...lol

I'll jump in with my drink holder install here. I just put one on for my upcoming trip to Strugis. I mounted it on my left rear crash bar (handlebars are already busy with GPS & Ipod). It is right at hand, and not in the way getting on or off the bike. I'm using a ss 18 oz Thermos pop top cooler. It will keep a beverage cool for more than 2 hrs. with no ice. The red bottle has water for squirting down my back to help cool me. I don't have to take my eyes off the road for either bottle. In or out by feel.
waterbottleholder001.jpg

Moderators: I resized to forum specs., but Photobucket has gotten difficult for me to navigate. Apologies if I'm oversize.

otherwise, been thinking of getting me one, so Gator, how do you like it? Will it keep water cold (cool) for any length of time? and last question - do you use it?

Thanks, Bill

Billbo,

I like the way it works and it does keep the water cooler than stowing in the bags and a lot more convient to get to. Yes I have used it, I've been doing a lot of PGR rides and it does get hot this time of the year. I'll take a pic or two and post this weekend.

I'll jump in with my drink holder install here. I just put one on for my upcoming trip to Strugis. I mounted it on my left rear crash bar (handlebars are already busy with GPS & Ipod). It is right at hand, and not in the way getting on or off the bike. I'm using a ss 18 oz Thermos pop top cooler. It will keep a beverage cool for more than 2 hrs. with no ice. The red bottle has water for squirting down my back to help cool me. I don't have to take my eyes off the road for either bottle. In or out by feel.
waterbottleholder001.jpg

Moderators: I resized to forum specs., but Photobucket has gotten difficult for me to navigate. Apologies if I'm oversize.

Looks nice, got to have them for the long haul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking @ these saddlebag mounted ones yesterday @ Apol's HD...had some Birthday gift cards to $pend, but ended up w/couple of shirts. Now I wish I would've went w/bottle holder...:(

i tried the saddle bag mounted ones, black leatherlike. I froze a bottle of ice tea and lemonaid. both were so warm in less than 2 hours, i had to pour them out. And now they sit in the garage with other stuff that I dont use anymore.

Good to know...the HD ones look cool, but maybe they're not very functional. Nothing more refreshing than gulping down 100-degree liquid on a hot day...:p

I was on a Patriot Guard ride recently and someone had the saddlebag mounted ones but he got a small thermos bottle that he claimed kept ice cubes in there all day. I went and got one from Target and it claims on the bottle to stay cold up to 12 hours. I haven't had a chance to prove it yet but he shook his that day and I could hear the ice clinking and he said that was like 4 hours old.

Back