free website stats program drilling baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

drilling baffles

new to the site.looking for somw advice on exhaust. i have an '06 roaking custom.i want more sound out of the stock exhaust,is there any way to drill the baffles out or do i need to replace the whole mufflers?
thanks for any help,john.

new to the site.looking for somw advice on exhaust. i have an '06 roaking custom.i want more sound out of the stock exhaust,is there any way to drill the baffles out or do i need to replace the whole mufflers?
thanks for any help,john.

Drilling out the stock baffles leaves you wanting more, they do not sound good IMO, I would keep the stock mufflers, just in case (EPA) and check out some slip ons. You may check sound bites on you tube or your local dealer , they change exhaust on floor models:s

I agree with Jack's advice. There's lots of slip-on's available, and you might get a good deal off Craigslist or Ebay.

BOTH of the above post are Spot on...

I went with V&H slip-ons BOTH SIDES are the Muffler Big Hole and Not true duels.. THE sound on my bike is MUCH better than using the resonator CAN muffler and that in it's self made a BIG difference.. I have done a lot of Drilling Bending inside the stock mufflers to Know YOU will Never get a good sound...... TINNY is about all that drilling accomplishes and a ruined set of stock mufflers that Should BE KEPT with the OTHER spare parts you take off the stock bike... Selling, buyer May want all OR EPA might dictate the need for future use..

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE

Back