free website stats program drill 'n tap transmission drain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

drill 'n tap transmission drain

when your done drilling and tapping the hole ,stand the bike back up and pour the old oil back. Then let it drain back out,it will take any chips you missed out the drain hole.Then flush it again with clean oil again,don't reuse the old oil again,it has chips in it.then fill with fresh fluids and go for a ride and check for leaks.

Thanks so much to all replys and information and suggestions. Seems to me the only 'hard' thing about this is location of drain plug.

Will git-r-fixed - missing riding a lot!!!! Thanks for your help.

Bill

Billbo,

If you are willing to pay the freight to and from, I still have 3 inserts left with the Timesert kit I used to fix my drain plug and would be willing to mail it to you from the Dallas area. if you were closer I would meet up with you personally.

Hate to see them sit on a shelf and not be put to good use so let me know.

TripleJ

+1 for NEWHD74FAN, Buy the helicoil kit at any NAPA, AutoZone. For all the work involved fixing put in a helicoil and be done with it. I would never re-drill and tap aluminum with threads. Dumb in first place like you said.
wilks3

Never much liked Heli coils, time serts tho more expensive are the best solution JMO

Back