free website stats program Dragon 2012 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dragon 2012

Redfish-Joe

Got a last minute call from some friends and we took off to the mountains and the Dragon.

Attachments

• 100_0880.jpg
    100_0880.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_0853.jpg
    100_0853.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_0845.jpg
    100_0845.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 126
Wow! That's so great that you could swing that on short notice. I especially appreciate the pics since we were at those locations for the first time on our bikes just a few weeks ago. Hope you didn't encounter much if any rain. Whose RGU?

Thats my custom with a tour pack. Rain...LOL the catfish were chasing cars.

Just before the bottom fell out AGAIN!

Attachments

• Dragon2.jpg
    Dragon2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 82
Joe; Is that waterfall just off the Cherohalla (sp), on the Western end? We'll be riding the Dragon on our way back from Sturgis and parts North.

Oh man, now you've done it. I wanna go back. I went in 2009 and took the wife in 2011. There are so many other good rides too in that area: Wayah Road, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, Moonshiner 28, Smoky Mt. Parkway, etc.
We live in GA and love to also ride the North GA mountains. :bigsmiley12:

Attachments

• (sm)another curve on the Tail.jpg
    (sm)another curve on the Tail.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 101
  • (sm)Harley on the Parkway.jpg
    (sm)Harley on the Parkway.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 99
  • (sm)heading back to motel.jpg
    (sm)heading back to motel.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86
  • (sm)puddin at tree of shame.jpg
    (sm)puddin at tree of shame.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 96
  • (sm)puddinhog on tail.jpg
    (sm)puddinhog on tail.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 88
Oh man, now you've done it. I wanna go back. I went in 2009 and took the wife in 2011. There are so many other good rides too in that area: Wayah Road, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, Moonshiner 28, Smoky Mt. Parkway, etc.
We live in GA and love to also ride the North GA mountains. :bigsmiley12:

Oh now, I can't believe that living in beautiful north Ga. you don't head up there at least twice a year! Lucky you. We did the park road, Dragon, and Cherohala when we went last week of June. I wanted to do the Moonshiner and some others but time wouldn't stand still. We will definitely be going back soon. Great pics! Look like some Kilboy, US129, and Slayer shots.

We are heading to the Dragon from Ohio the end of June. I have never been in the area on the bike so this is going to be fun :D We are going to be in the area for a week!

We are heading to the Dragon from Ohio the end of June. I have never been in the area on the bike so this is going to be fun :D We are going to be in the area for a week!

Just watch out for the crotch rockets. Check their web site out to make sure there are no car clubs up there the same time.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

Back