free website stats program DRAG Specialties Oil Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

DRAG Specialties Oil Filter

I believe they are 10 micron. The TC engine calls for 5 micron. Your choice but for the same price for the chrome, I would stick with the Harley filter.

Are you saying that the HD filter is designed to or capable of filtering smaller particles?Thats how Im reading it

Stick to the HD filter it is the one that is spec'd offers the proper filtration and is priced whithin pennys of the others.

Has anyone ever used or know anything about the DRAG Specialties Oil Filter?

The Drag Specialties oil filter "physically" looks like the HD long filter, only longer, smooth round end, without the end flats to help you remove it. When I first got my Sporty it was on it and had to use a "3 Fingered" oil filter wrench (which dents 3 contact points when gripping hard) and still had a devil of a time getting it off. Probably conventional filtration, unknown bypass valve setting or construction and likely not the new 5 micron grade type. :28:

I went back to the HD standard chrome one based on HDT info gleaned here. From this base of experience and knowledge, I felt confident knowing it is, 1) compatible with my engine, 2) provides the right filtration (rugged construction that won't collapse under oil pressure/suction the element is under), 3) has the correct bypass valve setting (will not prematurely bypass and matches pressure setting of HD oil pump), 4) has proven, tested design over many years, makes and environs in labs or on miles of road conditions, 5) fits more conventional oil wrench tools, 6) is less than $10 (does not empty the wallet), 7) less scurrying about to change or find replacement in a pinch. JMHO...:s

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I thought the best thing was to stick with the HD filter. Seems everyone else has the same opnion.

Back