free website stats program Drag Specialties Battery?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Drag Specialties Battery??

Thats to bad about dealer. Their maybe a dealer that only wants to work on and stock parts for new bikes. It seems like there desire to take care of the older HD's and their owners are non existent.:(

Agree, when dealers start turning into "boutiques" instead of an honest to gosh H-D dealer, everyone loses...they are on their way out if they don't work on treating customers right. :(

With so many people keeping their bikes longer the dealer that fails to stock parts for them will not be the dealer with the business.

Great info on the glass mat battery. Do you keep it on a maint. charger?

Great info on the glass mat battery. Do you keep it on a maint. charger?

I have a charger that I rotate between the 3 mcy. batteries. Each batt. gets on the charger for about 24 hrs. My charger is a Battery Minder brand with some kind of desulfation pulse frequency yada, yada. I don't know if it is a real benefit, but my batteries seem to like it. :laugh

Breeze, Nice link for the Deka. I was thinking of trying one. Was it packed well for shipping. Perfect fit?

Breeze, Nice link for the Deka. I was thinking of trying one. Was it packed well for shipping. Perfect fit?

Yes, it was well packed (it comes from Palatka, FL I think). It has the posts in the proper Dyna orientation, and the posts are threaded top and side. It was about 1/2" thinner than any others I've had in the Dyna, but I just cut 2 pieces of fuel line to shim it to the cover.

I went to the Deka web site. Entered my year and model and it comes up with a battery they say works but "does not meet HD OEM specifications".

Really strange since I thought they make the battery for HD. Somethings not right.
I will give them a call Monday to see what's up. Tks!

Back