free website stats program Drag pipe hitting ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Drag pipe hitting ?

Sonorahd

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340603882.237428.jpg
My pipe is hitting something next to the motor. Im guessing an old exhaust hanger or a lifting point to lift the motor out of the bike, not really sure though. Anyone know what that tab is for and if i could just take it off? Thanks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340604087.865839.jpg Here is another pic, its left of center in the pic.

Hmmm not sure on that one. From the pic it appears it's on the A-frame tube going up to the neck (on the lower left side). I'm not familar with that model, is everything on your bike OEM ?

I'd ride by the dealer and ask them one day.

Exhaust mount...don't remove it, it may be convenient for you now but if ever want to change your exhaust system you will need it. I have an 01 FXD, I installed a DandD Fat Cat which uses that mount to secure the header pipes, the only other mount secures from the collector back...

I thought it might be the stock pipes exhaust mount. Thanks. Its attached to the bottem of the motor. I need to find something to put in between it and the drag pipe, so kind of rubber that wont melt or try to take it off and keep it for future applications. It makes my exhaust rattle a little.

or...you could put a clamp there...IMO it would not hurt and probably be a good idea should you go down on that side...without it severe damage to the exhaust port on your front head is possible...I like my pipes secure...

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
I agree with Garystrat, try and put a clamp on it. If you have heatshields, a worm clamp should slide under them and thru the mount. On a Dyna, the engine and exhaust system are one assembly, and isolated from the rest of the frame by rubber. Most likely the exhaust system is not exactly right for your year/model and was adapted to fit.

Thanks garystrat.... Ill be heading to the dealership tomorrow for that clamp. My exhaust is Vance Hines and put on by the dealership but I guess they "forgot" this clamp.

Breeze...a worm clamp ain't going to cut it, a pipe clamp is what he needs should still fit under heat shields...and...I would check the gaskets for exhaust leaks...a thread from your ol blu jeans and needle nose pliers will work...my guess is they put the tapered gaskets in when it calls for the ring gaskets...

Back