free website stats program Drag Bar Set-Ups??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Drag Bar Set-Ups???

I'm thinking a 27-28" wide drag bar would like nice on my 1200 Classic. I want to use the factory riser, I think it looks cool! I guess no one on here has drag bars???

Well, I'm a bit small framed, and 30" feels too wide. My stock bars are 28" and they feel great. I'm thinking a 27-28" drag bar would look killer without sacrificing too much comfort. My bars are pretty low rise anyways, about 2 1/2", but I like the look of no rise bars!

---------- SilverBullet edit/added post 35 minutes and 49 seconds later ----------

Are drag bars like a rarity on the board? LOL

Last edited:
Well, I'm a bit small framed, and 30" feels too wide. My stock bars are 28" and they feel great. I'm thinking a 27-28" drag bar would look killer without sacrificing too much comfort. My bars are pretty low rise anyways, about 2 1/2", but I like the look of no rise bars!

---------- SilverBullet edit/added post 35 minutes and 49 seconds later ----------

Are drag bars like a rarity on the board? LOL
On a large bike like an HD, many go for the pull back (for shorter easy going comfort reach) or higher bar (for a more relaxed "cool factor" classic) look. The short long reach of the Drag bars (for a more performance, "rough & ready" in the wind) bare knuckles look. In the front of the 2009 HD catalog, they have a general riding position/style section. I personally like the Drag bar look, but in practice it is too long a reach because I am only 5' 6" and travel intermediate & long distances and need the leverage of standard or pullback bar. Drag bars are a matter of personal taste...make your decision based on your style & comfort level and just enjoy the ride, customizing a Harley is an art form :newsmile021:

I put 28" drag bars using the stock 5" risers off my 02' Sportster with a DNA Wide Glide front end on mine. I like the look and the ride with them. I have been trying to post some pics of it but have not figured out how to yet. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do that?

Dont know if this will work but here is a short cut to my photo bucket to see a pick of the drag bars, risers/bike.

thenewlook005.jpg

Still have not figured out how to add pics to the photo gallery but here are some better ones of the drag bars...........

thenewlook011.jpg

thenewlook022.jpg

thenewlook019.jpg

Still have not figured out how to add pics to the photo gallery but here are some better ones of the drag bars...........
Click gallery up the top of the forum...
then
Upload photos
in the upper right of the gallery you choose to open and post in.

They are 28" from end to end of the grips. I had 14' ape hangers and went to the drag bars, it took a little getting used to but now it seems natural. I love the look and they handle well. I will say that wider bars are a bit more comfy but it is all up to the rider and what they want.

Back