free website stats program Download for Infotainment 4.3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Download for Infotainment 4.3

Biffy08

Hi all and Happy New Year:newsmile09:

I received an awesome Christmas gift from my beautiful wife. A new Street Glide! Needless to say I am in Hog Heaven!

Anyway, I noticed that the version of software is outdated (version 1.16.91). I downloaded the newest version from HD's site (1.17.1.2) to a blank 8GB flash drive, followed the directions in the Infotainment user manual, but when hoooked up, I get a message that says "No Playable Media Found". I know the download is on the flash drive because I can see the file on my PC.

Has anyone had experience fixing this?

Friends have had problems with uploading the new software. I think there may be something wrong with the download site. Take it to the dealer they will upload for free.

I wanted to put this out there for opinions about this problem and another related to the security system on my new bike. I am curious if anyone else has attempted the following and have been told the same thing by the dealership.

About the software download for the Infotainment system on the official HD site, which is version 1.17.1.2(available since 8/27/13).

And the new problem is trying to change the factory set PIN (detailed on the owners manual of my book on pages 112 through 114), and this would probably go for any bike with the fob type security.

I cannot change the PIN nor download the Infotainment software because..... A DEALER HAS TO DO IT!!!!:small3d023: I am in no way a computer programmer but I can read and follow instructions, so WHY does a DEALER need to do these things?

What sense does it make to put the instructions to do this in the manual, and why does HD have a download to fix a problem with the speakers(popping)?

Does anyone know if the dealer has to do these things or am I having my chain pulled?

If the owners manual takes 3 pages (112-114) to explain something, I doubt it has to be done by the dealer. I DO know that my '07 manual states something to the effect of "bike must be on jiffy stand, do not turn handlebars while changing pin". My pin is very easy to change IF I follow the directions exactly, and do not move the bike. I forgot the exact wording but make sure you are doing it correctly.
Opinion: A pin is a personal security device, if I don't want anyone knowing it, (dealers included) I should have that option. I think your dealer told you wrong.

Great points Breeze. Thanks! I will try this and wholeheartedly agree that the dealer should not know my personal PIN.

I am still hoping for other thoughts and experiences.

Breeze, I took your advice and maybe it's coincidence, but I was able to change the PIN. When I first started out with this, my handlebars were all the way to the right, the bike still on the jiffy stand, but I think the real difference was that instead of "CYCLE"(cycling) the run/start button, I clicked the run/start button quicker(not allowing the fuel pump to CYCLE) following the directions like before, and was successful. I did rotate the bars all the way to the left, (like normal bikers do) but not that I am an expert, find this hard to believe to be the limiting factor. I honestly believe it was that I was truly "cycling" the run/start button.

Anyway, I am still wondering why my dealer told me they had to do the PIN change and why I can't download the new version for the Infotainment center? And if anyone else has been given this story.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!:cheers:cheers:cheers

Sorry if you all are getting tired of this one, but Breeze, I think you are definitely onto something. I just read about disarming the security system (page 116 of the 2014 Touring Owners Manual), the following statement: "Do not turn handlebars, straddle seat or lift motorcycle off the jiffy stand. During a PIN disarm, if the security system detects motorcycle motion the system will activate the alarm". Still I don't understand the correct handlebar placement, but whatever.

I hope this may help someone in the future. CHEERS!

Back