Downed Biker Rally or Run

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by gtexas, Jan 24, 2010.

1. gtexas

gtexas Banned

A friend of mine I have known since High school went down hard Thursday night. He is in a coma in Baylor Dallas. I want to help his family but I'm not sure what to do. I am thinking about trying to get a run or rally going for him. Maybe a fund to help his kids. Has anyone ever organized one of these? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Email me at texas corvette at g mail with suggestions or help. Remove the spaces. You know what to do.

Thanks,,,,,,

2. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

go to local Harley shop and asked to get up a benifit run for him, i've been to many.

3. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

Sorry to hear about your friend, that is hard to accept. We will keep him in our prayers and hope he has a full recovery. As far as a benefit ride, not hard to do, pick a date, get some businesses to support you, have 50/50 raffles, anything to help raise money, and charge 15 rider and 10 for a passenger, usually what they are around here.

4. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

same here

5. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Active Member

There is an organization in OK/MO/CO that does just that. downedbikers.org

I'm sure they would be happy to give advice. Maybe even get some shops down there to support starting a chapter in TX. I'm not a member but I see them doing a lot of good things.

6. Redman

Redman Active Member

He is surely in our prayers

7. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

My prayers for a speedy recovery.

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Yes, our thoughts & prayers are w/your bud. Definitely get in touch w/local HD/HOG chapter for fundraiser assistance...GodSpeed.

9. PaulWhite

PaulWhite Active Member

My prayer go out for a speedy recoverary.

10. RUSHMORE_14

RUSHMORE_14 Junior Member

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family