free website stats program Down to 2. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Down to 2.

Simple…I rented both so have a good comparison.

If you mostly go on long rides get the Ultra. There is nothing more comfortable on the open road.

If you mostly go on short rides get the Road King. The Ultra is so top-heavy it’s a pain to walk out of driveways and parking spots.

Agree with the long ride comfort on the Ultra! BUT - respectively disagree with the top heavy statement. And I believe he was looking at the Road Glide CVO. But your right also on the Road King being a excellent choice also!

If your not doing a lot of 2-up riding, you really don't need the Ultra - the RG would "foot the bill" perfectly for you.

Last edited:
Wow I really have to work on my reading skills. My bad on the RK.

From my rental perspective, admittedly skewed because my previous ride was a lightweight Sportster, was that I had to pay too much attention to the Ultra whenever I was under foot power. All those nifty gizmos mounted high in the fairing, and the high mounted tour pack, move up the center of gravity a noticeable amount. Not that it was scary, it was just not my idea of a pleasurable experience. However once the bike was rolling, even at a slow parking lot pace, it was Gods gift to motorcycling.

I then rented the RK and Heritage Softtail and those bikes were much easier to maneuver around under foot. Considering most of my riding involves stopping to look at stuff, the RK was a better fit for me as would be the RG. Just my $0.02 USD.

Simple…I rented both so have a good comparison.

I did the same thing. I was convinced I wanted the RG, until I rented one for the day, then rode a new one at a test ride event. Wound up going with the Street Glide instead.

Everyone has their favorite for various reasons. Just get the one you like the best.

Back