free website stats program DOT & Helmet Laws | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

DOT & Helmet Laws

Louisiana has gone back and forth so it is hard to keep up but by the map supplied earlier and the number of riders I meet with helmets, guess for now helmets are required. I have always used a helmet in forty years of riding but do agree with most of Porter's sentiments...

I prefer to ride with out the BB. But one of our last rides, we were behind some people & on a curve, one of them kinda went to straight & down into the ditch & into a barbed wire fence. Bike took a good hit but the rider was wearing leathers & a BB & only ended up with some scraps. Now my wife insists that I wear my helmet. I use 2 different one's, 1) half helmet nice weather & 2) 3/4 w/full face lens. Both DOT but my half I painted so it no longer has the lettering on the back stating that it is.

Toby

When I moved to Florida 13 years ago we had a helmet law since been repealed. I got pulled over my first day here for non DOT helmet by the FLHP. He yacked about alot of things in the end he gave me a warning saying he could not state fact on the non DOT helmet and he really wanted a close look at my new 97 FLHT with fishtail drags he could have written me for:p

Although we do not have a helmet law in CT, we never roll without our full face helmets on. I,m all for personal choice and our choice is to wear helmets

Do you wear a DOT helmet? Yes or no and why?

It depends. Sometimes yes sometimes no...always on the Interstate and to bed....just kiding, aint got a bed.

I have several and some are DOT and some not. I will tell you I picked up my first Full Face helmet ever a few weeks ago to deal with the cold and I be liking it....the helmet, still not liking the cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back