free website stats program DOT 4 brake fluid-got a notice from HD | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

DOT 4 brake fluid-got a notice from HD

I guess they have a special tool for the abs,that is necessary.So you have to consider it's cost and how frequently you'd be using it.

I don't think there is a special tool, never heard of one anyways. I believe the HD Digital Tech. makes the ABS hydraulic unit pulse to cycle the air out of it. You may be able to do that by bleeding regularly, then go do a few panic stops, if you are comfortable with that. I replaced the hydraulic unit for a friend then bled regular style. He had brakes but I had him go to HD for the Digital Tech part.
tourbox

Yeah,the letter just says they have the necessary tools,and Digital Tech II(which is critical to ensuring a thorough fluid flush throughout the ABS unit)

I just got the same notice. I think that when I decide that it needs to be done, I will let Harley do it only because of the ABS. Every time I think of that old woman turning in front of me at 65 mph, I want to give my ABS unit a big kiss:D

Back