free website stats program dos anybody care | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

dos anybody care

Problems like this need to be voiced LOUD and clear at Harley-Davidson customer service (414) 343-4056. Tell them your problem and it needs to be resolved quickly or you will retain counsel.

Interesting: I took delivery of my 2008 Anniversary Special Ultra Glide January 4 and already have about 3,200 miles on it. Not a single problem (except it is one hot sucker!), and my dealer has been absolutely superb!

He also is very supportive of our local H.O.G. chapter here in Central Indiana.

Maybe I would have other problems if I have a warranty issue....I hope not.

Ride Safe!

It's easy to be smug when your wheels are turning bjryman. Wait until the hammer drops, and it will drop eventually, then maybe you'll be a little more supportive of your roadside brother. I have heard from numerous riders in my area how promises are made during the transaction period when the money is still in your pocket, and then the story is totally different later. Hang in there bro, and don't let the dealership win this one. I'm in a struggle now with having to wait a week to just get my bike picked up for service on a problem the dealership caused in my last service visit. The reason I'm waiting...all the big shots at the dealership are using the transport trailers for a personal bike week out of state!!!! So much for thinking ahead about customer's needs.

Both my H-D bikes had problems when I purchased them new in the first 6-9 months. My Sportstwer came back worse (damaged speedometer dial, damaged head...this was caused by the dealer) than when it went in for repair. My Ultra had both radio and electrical problems immediately off the show room floor.

I've learn that it's best to try to fix the problem yourself, if you can, before taking it into a dealer. At least if you screwed up you know who did it and how it was done.

Yep!

If you can find a local non-HD bike shop with an old road warrior mechanic that doesn't mind you hangin' around watchin', and will tell you what he is doing - great!! If he's got helpers, make sure he micro-manages them. The big, new HD shops are newbie mills. If you take your brand new pride-and-joy in to these places, chances are it will be OJT for one of their new-hires. If something really breaks, then take it in for the warranty. But when you get it back and before you ride it off the lot, look at everything they might have touched. Check the engine oil and transmission oil. Cross your fingers, say a little prayer and listen carefully to the bike when you ride it home (like don't turn on the tunes until another ride - unless that was the warranty issue). Good luck.

TQ

Hey, WVB,
Sorry to hear about all the probs. What's the problem with the bike? Any other dealers closeby? Contact a consumer advocacy group...
Hope you get some satisfaction out of them.

Luke

yeap i feel you, ive found two shops that are old school and not harley dealers great to work with wifes sportster needed base gasket rear,harley dealer was over 1000.00bucks American cycle 250.00. So i no longer deal with harley dealers even on my new bike i dont care if the dam thing blows up it will never go back to the stealers.

yeap i feel you, ive found two shops that are old school and not harley dealers great to work with wifes sportster needed base gasket rear,harley dealer was over 1000.00bucks American cycle 250.00. So i no longer deal with harley dealers even on my new bike i dont care if the dam thing blows up it will never go back to the stealers.

Good points. I think if mine blows up while under warranty I will bring it back. They can't do much harm if a rods sticking thru the case. Until then I'm on my own. It took Harley a month to get my two up rack sent to my dealer. That's the MoCo's fault not my dealers. Aren't warranties extended by the time the bike is being repaired?
flhrrider

Back