free website stats program dos anybody care | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dos anybody care

ok...heres an update. Called yesterday(wednesday), he said, "We had it up on the rack but needed to take it down 'cause a travler come in." Ok...cool, I understand that. I wouldnt want to put a brother out that is 300 miles from home. So, I called today and he said, "I thought I had a radio here but I guess I dont so I needed to go ahead and order one." WHAT?!?! You mean to tell me that after a week and 1/2 you couldnt have taken 5 mins to see if you even HAD a radio???? I mean GEEEZ! I asked him when how long he thought it may take to get the radio form HD, He said "Probly 5 to 7 working day." Needless to say.....when this is over, and I pick it up....words will be had with general manager and I am seriously considering on telling them that I will be going else where from now on.

Why wait? Confront (non-agressivly) the manager and tell him/her whats going on! a week and 1/2 in the shop ,5 to 7 more days waiting!!! Is the scoot going to be sitting at the shop while they get the radio in?????

R.Lewis....yes it will be at the shop. Its 45 miles one way. The way gas is I fell it would just be best to leave it there till its done. Shoot...Im afraid if I go get it, then try to take it back just to get at the "back of the line" again when the finally get the radio in. Would prolly be ANOTHER 2 week wait!

Actually the Dealers do make lots of money on warranty work...Also seems some dealers( people who work there I mean ) make warranty claims to HD that aren't 100 percent accurate. Going through a bit of that right now. It gives the dealer a bad rap as well as Harley when its just a service writer, and others involved in a scam.. Car dealer are notorious for false warranty claims. I hope HD service don't follow their lead. Good Luck with you issue..I must say I can not believe the ownership in the most part know everything thats going on. I have to give my dealership Hi-5s and coodoes, as this past weekend if you show them your dd-214 you got 42 percent off any parts are motors cloths in the store. A salute to Veterans .

Well...from what the tech said I "should" have only 3 more days. Gonna feel like 3 years!
Good thing I will need my wife to carry me to get it in the truck. Will need the whole bed to carry the load that Im gonna dump on them when I get there!
:mgun

Man I feel for you and know where your coming from. This one started out as my problem Iwas trailering my bike to the dealer for some work and the bike fell over in the trailer and the only damage was a bent front rotor. 15 days in July waiting for a (edit) brake rotor. So I feel for ya' man.:bigsmiley15:

Last edited by a moderator:
ARRRRG!! AAAHHHHH! GEEZ i just cant win with this situation with this radio problem!! The stealer actually called me today and said that they actually was working on my bike. FINALLY?!?!? So, the tech tells me that that found a few of the causes for my radio issues. He said that the was some mouse "droppings" inside the fairing, he said there were some mic wires interfering with some of the speaker wires. (ok, so far no problem, now he hits me with the hammer) My Ultra has the expanded sound system package, Hog Tunes, Amp and everything. Well...he tells me that the amp was fried and that Harley dont cover the system under its expanded warrenty package that purchased! AAARRgggg! So...they bypassed the amp and said all is ready to pick up.
3 (edit) WEEKS to bypass an AMP??!?!?!?
I was told that the expanded coverage covers EVERYTHING from fender to fender when pitched the sale to me. Guess it aint that way.....ah forgetaboutit. Im ill with this whole deal at the moment.
Peace out....

ARRRRG!! AAAHHHHH! GEEZ i just cant win with this situation with this radio problem!! The stealer actually called me today and said that they actually was working on my bike. FINALLY?!?!? So, the tech tells me that that found a few of the causes for my radio issues. He said that the was some mouse "droppings" inside the fairing, he said there were some mic wires interfering with some of the speaker wires. (ok, so far no problem, now he hits me with the hammer) My Ultra has the expanded sound system package, Hog Tunes, Amp and everything. Well...he tells me that the amp was fried and that Harley dont cover the system under its expanded warrenty package that purchased! AAARRgggg! So...they bypassed the amp and said all is ready to pick up.
3 (edit) WEEKS to bypass an AMP??!?!?!?
I was told that the expanded coverage covers EVERYTHING from fender to fender when pitched the sale to me. Guess it aint that way.....ah forgetaboutit. Im ill with this whole deal at the moment.
Peace out....

Please read (if haven't) Glider's "Warrantee Denied / What to do" post.

Back