free website stats program Don't U find that the flhp's run really hot | Harley Davidson Forums

Don't U find that the flhp's run really hot

mylesl

with stock pipes, crossover, etc, my 2003 flhp seems very hot...
don't get me wrong, it's nice on thebrisk night, but for normal florida weather it really radiates the heat.
i have heat shield, i've ridden shovelheads, and a 1995 roadking w seperate exhausts shotgun styles, and a softail with upswept exhausts.
on the flhp, the passenger pegs are really right on top of the right side exhaust where it comes down from the rear jug and goes across the tranny.

Twin cams run leaner(hotter) than EVOs and Shovels, you need to add more fuel with something like a TFI for EFI or a fatter main jet if it's carbed. Do a search at the top of the page for TFI.

Check out putting on a TFI or Gen 3 to get the proper amount of fuel. It will cool down a lot... Read on this forum and see what others say.

You can get a very Healthy discount to purchase it as a member here.. Check it out.:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

thnx for the lynks n tips!!!
my bike is efi now, but i'll read up on the tfi...

EFI electric fuel injection TFI /Gen3 is a Piggyback device to meter fuel around what the Brain in the HD says is the right amount (TOO LEAN) the TFI/Gen3 do a great job of putting a little more fuel where/when needed. You get better running motor and a lot COOLER .

Most all harleys run too lean off the show room floor= Heat

Proper amounts of fuel mixture cool a motor and you need that.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

o.k. i think i have the problem straightened out.
new set of 2 into 1 pipes, super trapp, also, gas supply line inside left tank had 3 or 4 small holes from rubbing. h.d. dealer part,small tube $30.00 lol.
the bike is runnin much better. more in my other post about whining noise.

Back