free website stats program Dont leave bike outside and go to autoparts! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dont leave bike outside and go to autoparts!

I have a 2003 flstsi. The other day i left my bike outside after washing and cleaning it up. I went to the autoparts and returned very shortly. After returning and finishing my cleanup I decided to check the oil in my bike. Low and behold, water. walking around in a daze for a few minutes and talking to everyone in my beighborhood (no one saw anyone at my house) it appears that some one came along and ppoured about a bottle of water in my oil while i was gone! There was none in the gas tank. (i drained it to check) Does anyone have any ideas what else i need to look at before i crank it. I changed the oil and filter. Have only 2543 miles on the bike and have always used Harley synthetic. Any thing anyone can add to help me check will be helpful!:newsmile011::

Not saying this can't / hasn't happened to you , but, let's evaluate this....

1st - who do you know that would hold a grudge enough to do this?
2nd - who do you know that knows your bike enough to find the oil plug to do this?
3rd - how long did it take you to go to the A.P. store and back?
4th - who do you know that could do this in the time it took you to go & get back??
Did you do the last oil change prior to this yourself?
This bike is a 03 with only 2543 miles on it? What oil change intervals has been preformed on it? Did you use any high pressure wash on it?
What I would do - drain the oil,take the filter off and drain it,put that filter back on,fill it with a less expensive oil. Run it long enough to warm the oil,drain it and put a HD filter on it and fill it with a good syn. oil such as Mobil or Spectro and stay away from the Hugo HD oil (jmo).

And if you do have that kind of jerks living close to ya --- - lock-up & bolt it down bro !!!

Be cool and keep your ear to the ground. It will come back to you in time. Someone will brag. Just human nature.

sounds like you live in England,mindless stupidity like that is common here in plymouth(depending where you live of course)My area is a bit rough,but I have buddies in the local 1%,and the failed medical experiments hereabouts know it.There is some good in a bad reputation(undeserved in most cases,but VERY effective!)

Back