free website stats program Dogs on Hogs show me your pics | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dogs on Hogs show me your pics

We have a Westie. I'm wondering if you could make a windshield for the front of the saddlebag out of Lexan or Plexiglas ?

Thats a good idea. I wouldn't think it would be too hard. I plan on painting the lid white to keep it from getting too hot in the sun and leaving the actual bag black to match the bike. My biggest concern is heat coming off the exhaust getting the bag and my friend too hot. Just a thought and first I have to find a bag cheap to drill up and paint.

I have an 11 year old Yorkie that loves to ride. Currently looking for a left side saddlebag off a wrecked bike to fit an 09 FLHT. I plan on drilling vent holes and cutting a hole in the lid so he can ride with the wind in his face or duck for cover when needed. He really liked riding in a throw over type leather saddlebag on the Dyna. It fit him perfect with a couple of old towels to pad it. Never got out on the highway just rode him around the slow backroads. He loved it and the kids got a kick out of seeing him ride.
Just wondering if any of you have considered the loud pipes could be damaging noise to the dogs ears.......their ears are much more sensitive to noise than ours. Check with your vet to see what they're opinion is.

Just wondering if any of you have considered the loud pipes could be damaging noise to the dogs ears.......their ears are much more sensitive to noise than ours. Check with your vet to see what they're opinion is.

Good point. Will have to do some testing before I commit to cutting a big hole in a saddlebag lid.

62 and sunny in seattle, a dog , a hog and a full tank of gas.........
Ah life is good!

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 17
Back in '85 I worked in a auto dealer svc dept. A guy came in to the parts dept. and walked out the door to leave. I noticed he rode a bike and watched him mount up and to my surprise he whistled and a dog came running, jumped on the pass. pillion, sat down and put his frt paws on the guy's shoulders and off they went. I couldn't believe it. I worried about the dog but he looked absolutely content.

Back