Dogs on Hogs show me your pics

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bikerfishman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. bikerfishman

bikerfishman Active Member

My little dog has easily raked up 10,000 miles under his tail and I was just wondering what type of set ups people use to haul there best friend.
    The one in the picture is a airline pet bag with a zip open top and sides that zip down for entry.
    It sits nicely behind the drivers back rest and the strap goes under the passenger grab rails for a little piece of mind.
    On my road king I went for a solo seat and a solo rack with a small kennel bolted to the rack, diffidently more secure but I think he likes the ultra better.

Attached Files:

2. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

I brought one of my dogs for a ride 3 times. She was in a vest type harness on me facing the front. After considerable thinking,, I decided it was not safe riding her around,,could be a distractment to me,,and really nothing to protect her if in an accident.

I hate seeing dogs in the back of pick up trucks traveling down the road.....jmo

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Here is a friends setup. The dogs name is Thumper and she loves every minute she gets to ride.

Attached Files:

4. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

thats a classic pic

5. Porter

Porter Junior Member

Don't have any photos, but there is a gentleman in my local HOG chapter that has a custom trike. The "trunk" is a custom dog house for his buddy. It has vents, bedding and a ramp that folds out for the pooch to enter and exit with ease. The dog and he are insepearble! In my opinion it is a beautiful design and completely custom. Impressive.

6. rmarino14

rmarino14 Member

That's a beautiful bike......... and the dog aint too bad either

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I like it... a biker an' trike w/dog outback goin'in for a bite...:small3d023: ruff'in it!

[​IMG]

8. Jim and Tammy

Jim and Tammy Member

I have an 11 year old Yorkie that loves to ride. Currently looking for a left side saddlebag off a wrecked bike to fit an 09 FLHT. I plan on drilling vent holes and cutting a hole in the lid so he can ride with the wind in his face or duck for cover when needed. He really liked riding in a throw over type leather saddlebag on the Dyna. It fit him perfect with a couple of old towels to pad it. Never got out on the highway just rode him around the slow backroads. He loved it and the kids got a kick out of seeing him ride.

9. bikerfishman

bikerfishman Active Member

Jim and Tammy let me know how the saddle bag works out, I have thought of the same thing but think my little friend is too fat, probably around 16 pounds,
    So when I do my cross country trip this year I am pretty sure I am going to do a solo seat with back rest and a solo rack with the kennel bolted to that and pull a 4x6 trailer with a car topper on it for all the gear.

Attached Files:

10. BOBFLHTC

BOBFLHTC Active Member

We have a Westie. I'm wondering if you could make a windshield for the front of the saddlebag out of Lexan or Plexiglas ?